Keefer’s Pharmacy was established in the early 1920’s by Stanley Burda, and originally named Burda’s Pharmacy. Establishing itself conveniently on Prospect Avenue in downtown Mount Prospect, Illinois, it has been a symbol of the community ever since.
Sadly, in 1945, Stanley passed away, and his wife sold the pharmacy to a pharmacist by the name of Steve Brandt. Brandt renamed the pharmacy Brandt’s Pharmacy, and ran the store for four years. In 1949, Jacob “Jack” Keefer took over ownership of Brandt’s, and renamed it Keefer’s Pharmacy. Jack Keefer came from a family of pharmacists. He and his brother Albert graduated pharmacy school from the University of Illinois in the same year, and decided that they wanted to own pharmacies. While Jack purchased Brandt’s Pharmacy in Mount Prospect, Albert bought his own pharmacy in Evanston, Illinois and also named it Keefer’s Pharmacy.
Jack Keefer continued ownership of Keefer’s Pharmacy until 1976, when he finally decided it was time to pass the torch to someone else. He sold the pharmacy to Jerry Pospisil that December. Jerry and his wife Geri owned and operated Keefer’s Pharmacy for over 30 years. In December of 2007, Beau Diab bought Keefer’s from Jerry, who still remains at Keefer’s as a pharmacist.After Beau bought Keefer’s, it became the sister pharmacy of Petranek’s Pharmacy in Libertyville, IL which Beau bought in 2004.
|Mediterranean Potato Salad|
|Because of the intense flavor of the dried tomato dressing, no salting ...|